The first thing you need to know is: uninstalling the app will not automatically stop your subscription - because it's attached to your iTunes / Google Play account. You must actively cancel the subscription using the process described below. If you uninstall the app but don't cancel your subscription first, you will still be charged by Apple Google play
There are 2 ways to manage your Apple subscriptions: on your portable device (iPad, iPhone or iPod) or on your computer.
Cancel subscription on iPhone, iPad or iPod
- Access Settings in the home of your device;
- Scroll down and tap iTunes Store and AppStore;
- Tap your e-mail and Apple ID, View Apple ID and enter your password;
- Now, tap Subscription - Manage and select Dare;
- Turn off the auto-renewal option and tap Done.
Cancel subscription on your computer
- Open iTunes.
- Click Sign In and enter your Apple ID.
- Click your name, and select Account Info from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your password again.
On the Account Information screen:
- Scroll to the Settings section.
- To the right of Subscriptions, click Manage.
- Choose Dare
- Turn off Automatic Renewal to cancel your subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
If you subscribed to the services (Anywhere Access Pack or Productivity Pack, et al.) via the Google Play Store (from the Android mobile devices), you only can unsubscribe the services from there. Here we have summarized the related information about the "unsubscription procedures" on the Google Play Store. Follow these steps to cancel a subscription on your device:
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu -> My Apps -> Subscriptions and tap on the app of the subscription you’d like to cancel.
- Alternatively, tap Menu -> My Apps -> Tap the app of the subscription you’d like to cancel ->
- Tap the app’s details page.
- Tap “Cancel” and “Yes” to confirm the cancellation.
Now, the status of this Subscription has been changed from Subscribed to Canceled.
More details here